In March 2010, I was diagnosed with Stage IIIB Liver Cancer and given six months to live…

Hi everyone, just to let you know that I'm gone this afternoon, Mmmkay! Hunt - July 6, 2011 @ 2:55 p.m.

Friday, January 7, 2011

#14 What will you do, what WILL you do?

It was about this time my mom gave me Suzanne Somers’ book, “Knockout” and I started reading.  Reading doesn’t mix well with my fatigue symptom nor the opiates.  I can read a page to a page and a half, then doze off, and then wake up and have to go back and skim over what I just read before starting again. So it took me a couple of weeks to get to the part in the book about Dr. Burzynski, who did not use chemo but something he was calling Antineoplastons.  I was intrigued so I went to the web, that wonderful land where you can find everything right and everything wrong with everything.  And I did; I also found out that they just came out with a movie about him! Now the serendipity gong struck a big Zen toll. There was a premiere in Berkeley of the new film “Burzynski-The Movie” next Friday in Berkeley.  So I bought four tickets and myself, Ha, Mumsy, and Marvin decided it was a couldn’t miss opportunity. My Cousin Craig (Sharon’s husband) met us there.  Just as an aside, Craig had met us at many doctor visits, with and without Sharon, and takes pertinent notes like a champ.  He is also one of the sweetest, most caring people I know.

I was still on the tail end of the Capox horror but I wasn’t about to let that stop me.  Sadly it did.  Fortunately and unfortunately it was at the tail end of the movie but right before the Q & A section of the evening, and boy did I have some Q’s, and desperately needed some A’s! But Between the nausea and diarrhea I had already been to the bathroom five or six times throughout the movie and now felt like it was getting worse, so we made our goodbye’s and Ha and I dictated some quick questions to the group and hightailed it outa-there.

My mom was the champ that night! She’s got this gift where she can get somebody talking about themselves and exchanging information with her, becoming fast friends, and the next thing you know she’s having them over for dinner.  I have never understood this, but I’ll tell you, I am so grateful for it these last few months.  She met a woman there, Teresa, who lives in the Bay Area that has been in remission for 9 years from the Burzynski treatment.  Teresa is a huge help and continues to be.  Also mom got the telephone number of a guy named Schad in Texas, who had (yes had) the same cancer as me and has been in remission for three years because of the Burzynski Clinic.  Mom’s are such a good thing.  And mine is up there with the best of them.

Ok, now it was time for some serious research, telephoning, planning, and getting as much information from Dr. B’s Clinic as we could and try to reach a decision.  Giddy-up y’all.

No comments:

Post a Comment