In March 2010, I was diagnosed with Stage IIIB Liver Cancer and given six months to live…

Hi everyone, just to let you know that I'm gone this afternoon, Mmmkay! Hunt - July 6, 2011 @ 2:55 p.m.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

#34 The Rough Going and Medical Qi Gong

This lingering fatigue is gripping and the time flew by today with disease related stuff we had to do; so maybe I'll write some more later or definitely by tomorrow eve...

Well, yeah...didn't quiet make it Monday, but here it is Tuesday afternoon and let's see how far I can get before my brain starts drooling puddles of existence. Which lately has been the main problem, largely due to the meds prescribed for edema in my feet and legs, coupled with the blood pressure meds I was already on, dropped my numbers to the point of sleeping away hours of time throughout the day. Adjustments were made but no improvement, and when all was said and done, just my feet were affected, the legs were pretty much the same. If it gets really bad maybe I'll go back on, but for now it's bearable, and I can still walk in the mornings. I could fill pages and pages bemoaning the woe of late; but to what avail? And as infrequent as it may be I've taken to announcing, out loud, when I feel good rather than being my own harbinger of misery.

Ha and I had not heard of medical qigong until we read Suzanne Friedmans story about her personal cancer experience. Then sometime later our acupuncturist, Christy, brought up Vadim's name and this past Sunday I had my first session with him. Vadim Derevyanko http://chinesemedicinebodyworks.com/index.html . In my fifty-six years of breathing air I have never experienced anything remotely like what I did a few days ago. I don't want, at this point, to get into any assessments, reviews, or opinions at least until I have a better understanding of it, which will likely take a few more sessions. Let me just say that I believe Vadim to be a true master, and that now, without a doubt in my mind, that medical qigong, along with acupuncture, and Chinese herbs, hold the key to my recovery. After the healing part of the session, Vadim gave me three exercises to do at home everyday. So, this is not like being worked on, but more like taking an active part in my own cure, other than just "hanging in there."

OK, there's a lot more I could say about the last two weeks, and maybe I'll add on later, but for now this will have to do.

1 comment:

  1. Every time I do some "housewife shit" in the kitchen I think of Hunter. But I do know how to yank a frying pan full of pasta to mix it all up without getting it all over the stove. Thanks.

    So you know what happens when you hang your laundry out to dry on the internet. Folks see it. I see Marv now and again, and his sporadic reports had me thinking about you often. And then I ran into Mumsy in Cal Mart, so the blog cat is out of the bag.

    I'm sending plenty of energy your way, use it as you will. Wishing you love, happiness and strength.

    ReplyDelete