In March 2010, I was diagnosed with Stage IIIB Liver Cancer and given six months to live…

Hi everyone, just to let you know that I'm gone this afternoon, Mmmkay! Hunt - July 6, 2011 @ 2:55 p.m.

Monday, May 23, 2011

#32 If It's Not Working-Fix It

Didn't quite get to posting yesterday but soon will. Hopefully within the next day or two.

And I'm back, Tuesday the 24th of May, 5am.

Sad to say, as much as I like and respect Dr. Kunin, I must give his regime of vitamins, infusions, etc... the boot. My main reason for this being the blood test I had last week, after over three months of being Kuninized, were my worst numbers ever. Plus the weekly trek to SF and back had become very draining. Kunin's method had ceased making me feel better until I stopped. Similar to the Burzynski protocol, these guys have some tried and true success rates, but they fall way short when it comes to liver cancer. Like everyone else. Moving on.

In retrospect the first course of action we should have researched is acupuncture COMBINED with the Chinese herb and fungi tinctures. But at that time I didn't have the proper acupuncturist nor mindset. Apparently neither did my first two needlers as both never mentioned herbs. And along comes Christy.  When the student is ready...and all that jazz. I started on the tincture last week, gradually increasing to the full dose as of Sunday the 22nd. I've heard many times how bad these herbs can smell and taste, and maybe some do, but I would describe the taste as potent, in fact, very potent. The smell, because one has to simmer off the alcohol, is very mild and it only takes eight minutes to complete. I make enough just for the day. Along with the herbal and fungi tincture, she's got me on Cordyceps. 

There have been no negative effects so far and I do feel a bit better since I started the Mahoney method. Conversely of both Burzynski's protocol, and Kunin's composite, the Christy combo does NOT feel like it's making my liver work any harder. That's a good thing.


The tumor pain is not so bad this past week and I have been able to steer clear of the Jungle Juice. Mostly, how I feel lately has been uncomfortable rather than painful, largely due to the water retention (edema) in my belly, my feet, and legs, in tandem with the ever present constipation blues. Dr. Clark (Kaiser oncologist) put me on Lasix and Spironolactone, two diuretics. We shall see...


I'd really like to be able to be one of those people who are grateful for each day, especially under the circumstances, being thankful should come easy. Instead I just consider myself a lucky stiff; and I will settle for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment