In March 2010, I was diagnosed with Stage IIIB Liver Cancer and given six months to live…

Hi everyone, just to let you know that I'm gone this afternoon, Mmmkay! Hunt - July 6, 2011 @ 2:55 p.m.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

#31 Tomorrow…

This has been one of those weeks where every day, up until yesterday, the best I could do was hope for tomorrow and that I would feel better, especially at night. But the next day was more or less the same. At least today I don’t feel like chucking myself out of the window. I’ll take that as progress.
I guess the real frustrating stuff besides my pain level, for which I had to resort to the jungle juice more than a few times, is the malaise and the falling asleep. Today the pain level is considerably better, but since sitting down to write the blog (just up from a nap) I’ve fallen asleep about five times, and it’s taken me forty-two minutes to get this far! Gosh, I bore myself to sleep.
                                
The numbers, the numbers that tell me about my well and unwell being. They are the dictating digits of my demeanor, the crap count, and finally the fettle figures. I’m talking about my blood-work. Neither well nor fine fettle does this data decry. And Ha and I are pissed-off! It was yet another costly block of time, with my liver working overtime on processing all the supplements, only to have the worst set of numbers yet. When Dr. Kunin said I’d feel better he didn’t say for how long, but I know now, almost three months. We are done with Kunin. In all fairness the first two months were good. So now what?
I mentioned the Chinese herbal tinctures from Christy last week; well the first batch has been ordered and will arrive this week. We figure it’s time to break away from all this cutting edge, experimental and contemporary methods and go with something that’s been around for thousands of years and has a pretty good track record. Besides there ain’t much else on the horizon as far as this stuff goes. Not to say it is a last resort, I’m just surprised it’s taken me this long to try something that I’ve believed in (acupuncture, Qi Gong) for so long.
Write a sentence, take a Siesta, sentence, Siesta. No pun intended but I’m getting tired of all this dozing. I’m just gonna put in some pictures of my garden on the deck. Maybe I’ll write some more later or during the week.


A Blue Wildflower

Brussels & Radishes

Planted 3 Cantaloupe seeds & 3 Sprouted!

Tomato Patch

Succulent Corner

No comments:

Post a Comment