In March 2010, I was diagnosed with Stage IIIB Liver Cancer and given six months to live…

Hi everyone, just to let you know that I'm gone this afternoon, Mmmkay! Hunt - July 6, 2011 @ 2:55 p.m.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Malware es Muy Malo

About a week and a half ago I fell victim to an especially odious malware virus. I spent twelve hours total (two days) trying to remove it, which I've done in the past, but nothing worked. I knew I could reformat the hard drive but then it'd be another few days getting my laptop back the way it was. Long story edited, I took it in to a great little place in San Pablo called Reliatech-No Fix, No Fee is their motto. No way around a reformat. Three days later and $110.00 well spent and I'm up and running. Sadly though my Dell (never again-next time it'll be a Mac) still won't recognize my external 1 Terrabyte of hard drive with all my back-ups, music, and movies on it. I thought that was just because of the malware, so back it goes today, Monday, April 25th. Hopefully by this coming Sunday I'll be able to write a proper blog, but right now, siento MUY frustrado! If you see anything like this pic come up on your machine for god's sake don't take it to the Geek Squad. "Yelp" a nice smaller computer repair place in your barrio and pray they have experience with this particular viral manure. The maleware's trick is fear based. Exactly like a Mafia movie, pay for protection. Then they have these fake windows and toolbar pop-ups that tell you:
Fix Disk
Windows Recovery Diagnostics will scan the system to identify performance problems.
Start or Cancel
Critical Error!
Damaged hard drive clusters detected. Private data is at risk.
Critical Error
Hard Drive not found. Missing hard drive.
Critical Error
RAM memory usage is critically high. RAM memory failure.
Critical Error
Windows can’t find hard disk space. Hard drive error

So, DO NOT buy it, it is in itself a virus only, not a tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment