In March 2010, I was diagnosed with Stage IIIB Liver Cancer and given six months to live…

Hi everyone, just to let you know that I'm gone this afternoon, Mmmkay! Hunt - July 6, 2011 @ 2:55 p.m.

Monday, December 27, 2010

#2 Hunt’s First Diagnosis - A GI Related Issue (January 4, 2010)

Getting back from our short vacation, I went to see my primary care physician, who at that time was Dr. Rubin at Kaiser in Vallejo. Rubin thought it may have been a GI issue.He was on the computer most of the time I talked with very little eye contact. He then had me hop up on the table and tapped my abdomen in various places. The right hand upper abdomen hurt (liver) and the left lower felt like it was blocked. While tapping he said " Hear that? Gas." Here's an excerpt from the report.

Review of Systems:
Constitutional: Negative for fever, negative for chills and negative for weight loss
Ears Nose Throat: Negative for headaches and negative for nosebleeds
Cardiovascular: Negative for leg swelling and no palpitations or PND
Respiratory: Negative for cough and negative for shortness of breath
Gastrointestinal: Negative for heart burn, negative for nausea and negative for vomiting.
Genitourinary: Negative

I don’t know why Dr. Rubin would write “negative” for nosebleeds, heartburn, nausea, and vomiting as these were my main complaints. I was under the impression these notes are meant to document your condition and what led you to coming in...

No comments:

Post a Comment